FEES, RENTALS, AND PAYMENT POLICIES
EVENT DETAILS: The Handmade & Reclaimed Market is held from 12-6 on September 17th in conjunction with our annual Fall Fest. This wildly popular event includes family friendly games, free food, a beer garden, a storewide sale, and an Art & Design Competition. This particular market is held to showcase the work of artists that use reclaimed and recycled materials. If your work does not upcycle or reuse material in any way, it does not qualify for the event, but we encourage you to apply to our other markets, which are listed on on our homepage.
JURYING: The show will be juried by a panel of (5) staff members for the benefit of both the makers and shoppers. It is our goal to offer a diverse mix of quality goods at affordable prices. Find out more about our jurying process here.
APPLICATION FEE: Due to the huge number of applications we have received in previous events, there is a non-refundable $5 processing fee for all applicants.
CITY OF SEATTLE TRADE SHOW FEE: The City of Seattle requires that all vendors hold a current Seattle business license or pay a $5 fee. This will be collected from vendors following their acceptance to the market.
BOOTH FEE (DUE UPON ACCEPTANCE):
- $35 Indoor 5x7 Booth
- $40 Indoor 7x7 Booth
- $45 Indoor Corner Booths (4) Available
Vendors will be able to select from 5x7 and 7x7 booths on a first-come, first-served basis following acceptance into the market.
- $5 Table Rental
- FREE Chair Rentals Upon Request
- Electricity: Available on a limited, first request basis for a $10 Fee
PAYMENT POLICIES: Vendors that are selected to participate in the market will have one week to complete their payment through our online store. Specialty booths and rentals can be purchased at this time on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. Acceptance to the market does not guarantee the availability of preferred your booth. Curation of the market is up to the sole discretion of the market jury.
- Vendors are required to arrive a minimum of one hour before the event and stay for the duration of the event
- Vendors that do not sign in by 11:00 am will forfeit their booth
- Second Use encourages the use of salvaged materials but does not tolerate the sale of competing goods. For example, earrings made from chandelier crystals are acceptable; single chandelier crystals are not.
- Vendors are responsible for handling all cash and card transactions. BYO cashbox and card reader. Wifi is limited; it is encouraged to bring a wireless device with a data plan for card reading.
REPEAT VENDORS: We love our market veterans! Please note however, that starting in 2016, we are implementing a policy that prevents vendors from selling at more than 2 of the 3 markets. This allows us to give other vendors a chance, and keeps the market fresh and exciting for shoppers. (Plus, with the diverse themes, it's rare that a vendor would be a perfect fit for all three!)
QUESTIONS? Contact us.